Pronunciation: (ri-volv'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/revolve.html on line 75 [key]
—v., -volved, -volv•ing.
1. to move in a circular or curving course or orbit: The earth revolves around the sun.
2. to turn around or rotate, as on an axis: The wheel revolves slowly.
3. to proceed or occur in a round or cycle; come around again in the process of time; recur.
4. to be revolved in the mind.
5. to focus or center on.
1. to cause to turn around, as on an axis.
2. to cause to move in a circular or curving course, as about a central point.
3. to think about; consider.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.