Pronunciation: (ri-vul'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/revulsion.html on line 75 [key]
1. a strong feeling of repugnance, distaste, or dislike: Cruelty fills me with revulsion.
2. a sudden and violent change of feeling or response in sentiment, taste, etc.
3. the act of drawing something back or away.
4. the fact of being so drawn.
5. Med.the diminution of morbid action in one part of the body by irritation in another.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.