Pronunciation: (rik'i-tē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/rickety.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., -et•i•er, -et•i•est.
1. likely to fall or collapse; shaky: a rickety chair.
2. feeble in the joints; tottering; infirm: a rickety old man.
3. old, dilapidated, or in disrepair.
4. irregular, as motion or action.
5. affected with or suffering from rickets.
6. pertaining to or of the nature of rickets.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.