Pronunciation: (rīt'han'did), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/right-handed.html on line 73 [key]
1. having the right hand or arm more serviceable than the left; using the right hand by preference: a right-handed painter.
2. adapted to or performed by the right hand: a right-handed lever; right-handed penmanship.
a. rotating clockwise.
b. noting a helical, or spiral, member, as a gear tooth or screw thread, that twists clockwise as it recedes from an observer.
4. Building Trades.right-hand (def. 5).
1. in a right-handed manner or fashion: The door opens right-handed.
2. with the right hand: She writes right-handed.
3. toward the right hand or in a clockwise direction: The strands of the rope are laid right-handed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.