Pronunciation: (rē'ō grand', gran'dē, grän'dā for 1; Port. rē"oo grän'di for 2, 3), [key]
1. Mexican, Rio Bravo. a river flowing from SW Colorado through central New Mexico and along the boundary between Texas and Mexico into the Gulf of Mexico. 1800 mi. (2900 km) long.
2. a river flowing W from SE Brazil into the Paraná River. 650 mi. (1050 km) long.
3. Also called Rio Grande do Sul. See São Pedro do Río Grande do Sul.
Pronunciation: (rē'ō grän'dā, -dē; Sp. rē'ô grän'de), [key]
1. a city in NE Puerto Rico. 12,047.
2. a river in central Nicaragua, flowing NE to the Caribbean Sea. ab. 200 mi. (320 km) long.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.