Pronunciation: (ri-vâr'u; Sp. rē-ve'rä), [key]
1. Die•go Pronunciation: (dye'gô), [key] 1886–1957, Mexican painter.
2. Jo•sé E•us•ta•sio Pronunciation: (hô-se' e"OOs-tä'syô), [key] 1889–1928, Colombian poet and novelist.
3. (Jo•sé) Fruc•tuo•so Pronunciation: (hô-se' frOOk-twô'sô), [key] 1790?–1854, Uruguayan revolutionary and political leader: president of Uruguay 1830–34, 1839–42.
4. Mi•guel Pri•mo de Pronunciation: (mē-gel' prē'mô &thslash;e). [key] See Primo de Rivera, Miguel.
5. a city in N Uruguay. 40,000.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.