Pronunciation: (rok'ur), [key]
1. Also called runner. one of the curved pieces on which a cradle or a rocking chair rocks.
2. See rocking chair.
3. a rock-'n'-roll song: She sang a ballad and followed that with two of her well-known rockers.
4. any of various devices that operate with a rocking motion.
5. Graphic Arts.a small steel plate with one curved and toothed edge for roughening a copperplate to make a mezzotint.
6. Mining.cradle (def. 13).
7. an ice skate that has a curved blade.
8. a performer or fan of rock music.
9. off one's rocker, Slang.insane; crazy: You're off your rocker if you think I'm going to climb that mountain.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.