Pronunciation: (rOOm, room), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/room.html on line 73 [key]
1. a portion of space within a building or other structure, separated by walls or partitions from other parts: a dining room.
2. rooms,lodgings or quarters, as in a house or building.
3. the persons present in a room: The whole room laughed.
4. space or extent of space occupied by or available for something: The desk takes up too much room.
5. opportunity or scope for something: room for improvement; room for doubt.
6. status or a station in life considered as a place: He fought for room at the top.
7. capacity: Her brain had no room for trivia.
8. Mining.a working area cut between pillars.
to occupy a room or rooms; lodge.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.