—n.round'u-bout"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/roundabout.html on line 81 [key]
1. circuitous or indirect, as a road, journey, method, statement or person.
2. (of clothing) cut circularly at the bottom; having no tails, train, or the like.
1. a short, close-fitting coat or jacket worn by men or boys, esp. in the 19th century.
2. Brit.a merry-go-round.
3. a circuitous or indirect road, method, etc.
4. Chiefly Brit.See traffic circle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.