Pronunciation: (su-bat'i-kul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sabbatical.html on line 79 [key]
1. of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
2. (l.c.) of or pertaining to a sabbatical year.
3. (l.c.) bringing a period of rest.
1. (l.c.) See sabbatical year.
2. (l.c.) any extended period of leave from one's customary work, esp. for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc. Also,Sab•bat'ic.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.