Pronunciation: (sak'ur-in, -u-rēn", -u-rīn"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/saccharine.html on line 81 [key]
1. of the nature of or resembling that of sugar: a powdery substance with a saccharine taste.
2. containing or yielding sugar.
3. very sweet to the taste; sugary: a saccharine dessert.
4. cloyingly agreeable or ingratiating: a saccharine personality.
5. exaggeratedly sweet or sentimental: a saccharine smile; a saccharine song of undying love.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.