Pronunciation: (sat"is-fak'shun), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/satisfaction.html on line 77 [key]
1. an act of satisfying; fulfillment; gratification.
2. the state of being satisfied; contentment.
3. the cause or means of being satisfied.
4. confident acceptance of something as satisfactory, dependable, true, etc.
5. reparation or compensation, as for a wrong or injury.
6. the opportunity to redress or right a wrong, as by a duel.
7. payment or discharge, as of a debt or obligation.
a. an act of doing penance or making reparation for venial sin.
b. the penance or reparation made.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.