—adj., n.sach'ur-it, -u-rāt"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/saturate.html on line 81 [key]
—v., -rat•ed, -rat•ing,
1. to cause (a substance) to unite with the greatest possible amount of another substance, through solution, chemical combination, or the like.
2. to charge to the utmost, as with magnetism.
3. to soak, impregnate, or imbue thoroughly or completely: to saturate a sponge with water; a town saturated with charm.
4. to destroy (a target) completely with bombs and missiles.
5. to send so many planes over (a target area) that the defensive electronic tracking equipment becomes ineffective.
6. to furnish (a market) with goods to its full purchasing capacity.
to become saturated.
a saturated fat or fatty acid.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.