Pronunciation: (sā'ving), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/saving.html on line 73 [key]
1. tending or serving to save; rescuing; preserving.
2. compensating; redeeming: a saving sense of humor.
3. thrifty; economical: a saving housekeeper.
4. making a reservation: a saving clause.
1. a reduction or lessening of expenditure or outlay: a saving of 10 percent.
2. something that is saved.
3. savings,sums of money saved by economy and laid away.
4. Law.a reservation or exception.
1. except: Nothing remains saving these ruins.
2. with all due respect to or for: saving your presence.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.