Pronunciation: (sku-las'tik), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/scholastic.html on line 75 [key]
1. of or pertaining to schools, scholars, or education: scholastic attainments.
2. of or pertaining to secondary education or schools: a scholastic meet.
4. of or pertaining to the medieval schoolmen.
1. (sometimes cap.) a schoolman, a disciple of the schoolmen, or an adherent of scholasticism.
2. a pedantic person.
3. Rom. Cath. Ch.a student in a scholasticate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.