Pronunciation: (skrach'ē), [key]
—adj., scratch•i•er, scratch•i•est.
1. causing or liable to cause a slight grating noise: a scratchy record.
2. consisting of or marked by scratches: a scratchy drawing.
3. uneven; haphazard: He plays a scratchy game.
4. causing itching or other minor irritation of the skin: a scratchy woolen sweater.
5. causing or liable to cause a scratch or scratches: scratchy bushes.
6. Chiefly Brit. Slang.peevish; spiteful.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.