Pronunciation: (skrē'mur), [key]
1. a person or thing that screams.
2. Informal.something or someone causing screams of excitement, laughter, or the like.
3. Print. Slang.an exclamation point.
a. a sensational headline.
b. banner (def. 7). Cf. scarehead.
5. Baseball Slang.an extremely hard-hit line drive.
6. Ornith.any of several South American birds of the family Anhimidae, having a harsh, trumpeting call. Cf. horned screamer.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.