Pronunciation: (skript), [key]
1. the letters or characters used in writing by hand; handwriting, esp. cursive writing.
2. a manuscript or document.
3. the text of a manuscript or document.
4. the manuscript or one of various copies of the written text of a play, motion picture, or radio or television broadcast.
5. any system of writing.
6. Print.a type imitating handwriting. Cf. cursive.
1. to write a script for: The movie was scripted by a famous author.
2. to plan or devise; make arrangements for: The week-long festivities were scripted by a team of experts.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.