Pronunciation: (skulp'chur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sculpture.html on line 77 [key]
—n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
1. the art of carving, modeling, welding, or otherwise producing figurative or abstract works of art in three dimensions, as in relief, intaglio, or in the round.
2. such works of art collectively.
3. an individual piece of such work.
1. to carve, model, weld, or otherwise produce (a piece of sculpture).
2. to produce a portrait or image of in this way; represent in sculpture.
3. Physical Geog.to change the form of (the land surface) by erosion.
to work as a sculptor.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.