Pronunciation: (sēk), [key]
—v., sought, seek•ing.
1. to go in search or quest of: to seek the truth.
2. to try to find or discover by searching or questioning: to seek the solution to a problem.
3. to try to obtain: to seek fame.
4. to try or attempt (usually fol. by an infinitive): to seek to convince a person.
5. to go to: to seek a place to rest.
6. to ask for; request: to seek advice.
7. Archaic.to search or explore.
1. to make inquiry.
2. be sought after, to be desired or in demand: Graduates in the physical sciences are most sought after by employers these days.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.