Pronunciation: (sēm), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/seem.html on line 71 [key]
1. to appear to be, feel, do, etc.: She seems better this morning.
2. to appear to one's own senses, mind, observation, judgment, etc.: It seems to me that someone is calling.
3. to appear to exist: There seems no need to go now.
4. to appear to be true, probable, or evident: It seems likely to rain.
5. to give the outward appearance of being or to pretend to be: He only seems friendly because he wants you to like him.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.