Pronunciation: (sen"su-bil'i-tē), [key]
1. capacity for sensation or feeling; responsiveness or susceptibility to sensory stimuli.
2. mental susceptibility or responsiveness; quickness and acuteness of apprehension or feeling.
3. keen consciousness or appreciation.
4. sensibilities,emotional capacities.
5. Sometimes, sensibilities. liability to feel hurt or offended; sensitive feelings.
6. Often, sensibilities. capacity for intellectual and aesthetic distinctions, feelings, tastes, etc.: a man of refined sensibilities.
7. the property, as in plants or instruments, of being readily affected by external influences.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.