Pronunciation: (sen'su-bul), [key]
1. having, using, or showing good sense or sound judgment: a sensible young woman.
2. cognizant; keenly aware (usually fol. by of): sensible of his fault.
3. significant in quantity, magnitude, etc.; considerable; appreciable: a sensible reduction in price.
4. capable of being perceived by the senses; material: the sensible universe.
5. capable of feeling or perceiving, as organs or parts of the body.
6. perceptible to the mind.
7. conscious: The patient was speechless but still sensible.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.