Pronunciation: (shûr'mun), [key]
1. Forrest Percival, 1896–1951, U.S. naval officer.
2. James School•craft Pronunciation: (skOOl'kraft", -kräft"), [key] 1855–1912, vice president of the U.S. 1909–12.
3. John, 1823–1900, U.S. statesman (brother of William T.).
4. Roger, 1721–93, American statesman.
5. Stuart Pratt, 1881–1926, U.S. critic and educator.
6. William Tecumseh, 1820–91, Union general in the Civil War.
7. a city in NE Texas. 30,413.
8. a male given name.
9. U.S. Mil.a 34-ton medium tank of World War II, with a 75mm gun and a crew of four.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.