Pronunciation: (sins), [key]
1. from then till now (often prec. by ever): He was elected in 1978 and has been president ever since.
2. between a particular past time and the present; subsequently: She at first refused, but has since consented.
3. ago; before now: long since.
1. continuously from or counting from: It has been warm since noon.
2. between a past time or event and the present: There have been many changes since the war.
1. in the period following the time when: He has written once since he left.
2. continuously from or counting from the time when: He has been busy since he came.
3. because; inasmuch as: Since you're already here, you might as well stay.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.