Pronunciation: (sis'tur-hood"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sisterhood.html on line 73 [key]
1. the state of being a sister.
2. a group of sisters, esp. of nuns or of female members of a church.
3. an organization of women with a common interest, as for social, charitable, business, or political purposes.
4. congenial relationship or companionship among women; mutual female esteem, concern, support, etc.
5. Usually, the sisterhood. the community or network of women who participate in or support feminism.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.