Pronunciation: (sit'doun"), [key]
1. done or accomplished while sitting down: sit-down meetings between the two party leaders.
2. (of a meal or food) served to or intended for persons seated at a table: a sit-down dinner.
1. Informal.a period or instance of sitting, as to relax, talk, or the like: They had a profitable sit-down together.
2. See sit-down strike.
3. a protest demonstration whereby participants refuse to move from a public place.
4. Informal.a meal, esp. a dinner, served to persons who are seated at a table.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.