Pronunciation: (siks), [key]
1. a cardinal number, five plus one.
2. a symbol for this number, as 6 or VI.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with six pips.
5. Cricket.a hit in which the ball crosses the boundary line of the field without a bounce, counting six runs for the batsman. Cf. boundary (def. 3).
6. an automobile powered by a six-cylinder engine.
7. a six-cylinder engine.
8. at sixes and sevens,
a. in disorder or confusion.
b. in disagreement or dispute.
amounting to six in number.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.