Pronunciation: (slam'bang'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/slam-bang.html on line 73 [key]
1. with noisy violence: He drove slam-bang through the garage door.
2. quickly and carelessly; slapdash.
1. noisy and violent.
2. excitingly fast-paced, esp. in a noisy and violent way; action-filled; thrilling: a slam-bang ending to the movie.
3. vigorous and fast but careless; slapdash.
4. outstanding or powerful; excellent: a slam-bang keynote address.
to act or proceed in a chaotic or disorderly fashion: The children slam-banged into the furniture.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.