Pronunciation: (slim), [key]
—adj., slim•mer, slim•mest,
—v., slimmed, slim•ming,
1. slender, as in girth or form; slight in build or structure.
2. poor or inferior: a slim chance; a slim excuse.
3. small or inconsiderable; meager; scanty: a slim income.
4. sized for the thinner than average person.
to make slim.
1. to become slim.
2. Chiefly Brit.to try to become more slender, esp. by dieting.
3. slim down,
a. to lose weight, esp. intentionally.
b. (of a business) to reduce operating expenses; economize.
a garment size meant for a thin person.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.