Pronunciation: (slip'u-rē, slip'rē), [key]
—adj., -per•i•er, -per•i•est.
1. tending or liable to cause slipping or sliding, as ice, oil, a wet surface, etc.: a slippery road.
2. tending to slip from the hold or grasp or from position: a slippery rope.
3. likely to slip away or escape: slippery prospects.
4. not to be depended on; fickle; shifty, tricky, or deceitful.
5. unstable or insecure, as conditions: a slippery situation.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.