Pronunciation: (slum'bur), [key]
1. to sleep, esp. lightly; doze; drowse.
2. to be in a state of inactivity, negligence, quiescence, or calm: Vesuvius is slumbering.
1. to spend or pass (time) in slumbering (often fol. by away, out, or through): to slumber the afternoon away.
2. to dispel or forget by slumbering (often fol. by away): to slumber cares away.
1. Sometimes, slumbers. sleep, esp. light sleep.
2. a period of sleep, esp. light sleep.
3. a state of inactivity, quiescence, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.