Pronunciation: (slush), [key]
1. partly melted snow.
2. liquid mud; watery mire.
3. waste, as fat, grease, or other refuse, from the galley of a ship.
4. a mixture of grease and other materials for lubricating.
5. silly, sentimental, or weakly emotional talk or writing: romantic slush.
6. See slush pile.
1. to splash with slush.
2. to grease, polish, or cover with slush.
3. to fill or cover with mortar or cement.
4. to wash with a large quantity of water, as by dashing it on.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.