Pronunciation: (snôrt), [key]
1. (of animals) to force the breath violently through the nostrils with a loud, harsh sound: The spirited horse snorted and shied at the train.
2. (of persons) to express contempt, indignation, etc., by a similar sound.
3. Slang.to take a drug by inhaling.
1. to utter with a snort.
2. to expel (air, sound, etc.) by or as by snorting.
3. Slang.to take (a drug) by inhaling: to snort cocaine.
1. the act or sound of snorting.
2. Slang.a quick drink of liquor; shot.
a. an act or instance of taking a drug by inhalation.
b. the amount of drug inhaled.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.