Pronunciation: (snō'bôl"), [key]
1. a ball of snow pressed or rolled together, as for throwing.
2. any of several shrubs belonging to the genus Viburnum, of the honeysuckle family, having large clusters of white, sterile flowers.
3. a confection of crushed ice, usually in the shape of a ball, which is flavored with fruit or other syrup and served in a paper cup.
4. a scoop or ball of ice cream covered with shredded coconut and usually chocolate sauce.
1. to throw snowballs at.
2. to cause to grow or become larger, greater, more intense, etc., at an accelerating rate: to snowball a small business into a great enterprise.
to grow or become larger, greater, more intense, etc., at an accelerating rate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.