Pronunciation: (snuf'ul), [key]
—v., -fled, -fling,
1. to draw air into the nose for the purpose of smelling something; snuff.
2. to draw the breath or mucus through the nostrils in an audible or noisy manner; sniffle; snivel.
3. to speak through the nose or with a nasal twang.
4. to whine; snivel.
to utter in a snuffling or nasal tone.
1. an act or sound of snuffling.
2. snuffles,a condition of the nose, as from a cold, causing snuffling (usually prec. by the).
3. a nasal tone of voice.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.