Pronunciation: (sôr, sōr), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/soar.html on line 75 [key]
1. to fly upward, as a bird.
2. to fly at a great height, without visible movements of the pinions, as a bird.
3. to glide along at a height, as an airplane.
4. to rise or ascend to a height, as a mountain.
5. to rise or aspire to a higher or more exalted level: His hopes soared.
1. an act or instance of soaring.
2. the height attained in soaring.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.