Pronunciation: (sō'lur), [key]
1. of or pertaining to the sun: solar phenomena.
2. determined by the sun: solar hour.
3. proceeding from the sun, as light or heat.
4. utilizing, operated by, or depending on solar energy: a solar building; a solar stove.
5. indicating time by means of or with reference to the sun: a solar chronometer.
6. manufacturing or providing solar power: the solar industry.
7. Astrol.subject to the influence of the sun.
Informal.See solar energy.
Pronunciation: (sol'ur, sō'lur), [key]
a private or upper chamber in a medieval English house. Also,sollar,soller.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.