Pronunciation: (sod'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/solder.html on line 79 [key]
1. any of various alloys fused and applied to the joint between metal objects to unite them without heating the objects to the melting point.
2. anything that joins or unites: the solder of their common cause.
1. to join (metal objects) with solder.
2. to join closely and intimately: two fates inseparably soldered by misfortune.
3. to mend; repair; patch up.
1. to unite things with solder.
2. to become soldered or united; grow together.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.