Pronunciation: (sun), [key]
1. a male child or person in relation to his parents.
2. a male child or person adopted as a son; a person in the legal position of a son.
3. any male descendant: a son of the Aztecs.
4. a son-in-law.
5. a person related as if by ties of sonship.
6. a male person looked upon as the product or result of particular agencies, forces, influences, etc.: a true son of the soil.
7. a familiar term of address to a man or boy from an older person, an ecclesiastic, etc.
8. the Son,the second person of the Trinity; Jesus Christ.
var. of soni- before a vowel: sonance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.