Pronunciation: (spat'ur), [key]
1. to scatter or dash in small particles or drops: The dog spattered mud on everyone when he shook himself.
2. to splash with something in small particles: to spatter the ground with water.
3. to sprinkle or spot with something that soils or stains.
1. to send out small particles or drops, as falling water: rain spattering on a tin roof.
2. to strike a surface in or as in a shower, as bullets.
1. the act or the sound of spattering: the spatter of rain on a roof.
2. a splash or spot of something spattered.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.