Pronunciation: (spir'i-chOO-ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/spiritual.html on line 79 [key]
1. of, pertaining to, or consisting of spirit; incorporeal.
2. of or pertaining to the spirit or soul, as distinguished from the physical nature: a spiritual approach to life.
3. closely akin in interests, attitude, outlook, etc.: the professor's spiritual heir in linguistics.
4. of or pertaining to spirits or to spiritualists; supernatural or spiritualistic.
5. characterized by or suggesting predominance of the spirit; ethereal or delicately refined: She is more of a spiritual type than her rowdy brother.
6. of or pertaining to the spirit as the seat of the moral or religious nature.
7. of or pertaining to sacred things or matters; religious; devotional; sacred.
8. of or belonging to the church; ecclesiastical: lords spiritual and temporal.
9. of or relating to the mind or intellect.
1. a spiritual or religious song: authentic folk spirituals.
2. spirituals,affairs of the church.
3. a spiritual thing or matter.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.