Pronunciation: (splā), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/splay.html on line 71 [key]
1. to spread out, expand, or extend.
2. to form with an oblique angle; make slanting; bevel.
3. to make with a splay or splays.
4. to disjoin; dislocate.
1. to have an oblique or slanting direction.
2. to spread or flare.
Archit.a surface that makes an oblique angle with another, as where the opening through a wall for a window or door widens from the window or door proper toward the face of the wall.
1. spread out; wide and flat; turned outward.
2. clumsy or awkward.
3. oblique or awry.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.