Pronunciation: (sprôl), [key]
1. to be stretched or spread out in an unnatural or ungraceful manner: The puppy's legs sprawled in all directions.
2. to sit or lie in a relaxed position with the limbs spread out carelessly or ungracefully: He sprawled across the bed.
3. to spread out, extend, or be distributed in a straggling or irregular manner, as vines, buildings, handwriting, etc.
4. to crawl awkwardly with the aid of all the limbs; scramble.
1. to stretch out (the limbs) as in sprawling.
2. to spread out or distribute in a straggling manner.
1. the act or an instance of sprawling; a sprawling posture.
2. a straggling array of something.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.