|  Share | Cite



Pronunciation: (skwē'jē, skwē-jē'), [key]
n., v., -geed, -gee•ing.

1. an implement edged with rubber or the like, for removing water from windows after washing, sweeping water from wet decks, etc.
2. a similar and smaller device, as for removing excess water from photographic negatives or prints or for forcing paint, ink, etc., through a porous surface, as in serigraphy.

1. to sweep, scrape, or press with or as if with a squeegee.
2. to force (paint, ink, etc.) through a screen in making a silk-screen print. Also,squilgee,squillagee.

Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.

See also:


Related Content