Pronunciation: (stik'ur), [key]
1. a person or thing that sticks.
2. an adhesive label.
3. Informal.See sticker price.
4. something, as a problem or riddle, that puzzles or nonpluses one.
5. Slang.a knife, esp. one used as a weapon by a criminal.
6. a worker who kills animals in a slaughterhouse by piercing the jugular vein with a pointed instrument.
7. a bur, thorn, or the like.
of or pertaining to the sticker price of an automobile: Customers are experiencing sticker shock at the high price of new cars.
to place a sticker on.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.