Pronunciation: (stum'uk), [key]
1. Anat., Zool.
a. a saclike enlargement of the alimentary canal, as in humans and certain animals, forming an organ for storing, diluting, and digesting food.
b. such an organ or an analogous portion of the alimentary canal when divided into two or more sections or parts.
c. any one of these sections.
2. Zool.any analogous digestive cavity or tract in invertebrates.
3. the part of the body containing the stomach; belly or abdomen.
4. appetite for food.
5. desire, inclination, or liking: I have no stomach for this trip.
a. spirit; courage.
b. pride; haughtiness.
c. resentment; anger.
1. to endure or tolerate (someone or something): I can't stomach your constant nagging.
2. Obs.to be offended at or resent.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.