Pronunciation: (strī'kur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/striker.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person or thing that strikes.
2. a worker who is on strike.
4. the clapper in a clock that strikes the hours or rings an alarm.
5. U.S. Army.a private who acts as a voluntary paid servant to a commissioned officer.
6. U.S. Navy.an enlisted person in training for a specific technical rating.
7. a person who strikes fish, whales, etc., with a spear or harpoon.
8. Whaling.a harpoon.
9. Soccer.one of the attacking forwards.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.