Pronunciation: (struk'chur-ul), [key]
1. of or pertaining to structure; pertaining or essential to a structure.
2. Biol.pertaining to organic structure; morphological.
3. Geol.of or pertaining to geological structure, as of rock or strata.
4. Chem.pertaining to or showing the arrangement or mode of attachment of the atoms that constitute a molecule of a substance. Cf. structural formula.
5. resulting from or pertaining to political or economic structure.
6. of, pertaining to, or based on the assumption that the elements of a field of study are naturally arranged in a systematic structure: structural grammar.
a. a part of a structure that carries a load.
b. the structural member used for such a part.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.