Pronunciation: (stub'urn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/stubborn.html on line 77 [key]
1. unreasonably obstinate; obstinately unmoving: a stubborn child.
2. fixed or set in purpose or opinion; resolute: a stubborn opponent of foreign aid.
3. obstinately maintained, as a course of action: a stubborn resistance.
4. difficult to manage or suppress: a stubborn horse; a stubborn pain.
5. hard, tough, or stiff, as stone or wood; difficult to shape or work.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.